I think I've said this every month and I've meant it every time but seriously this month has been the most fun so far. I tell everyone that I think this age is the sweet spot because he's sleeping through the night, developing a little personality, can entertain himself for short periods of time, but he isn't mobile yet so I'm not chasing him around the house. I am having so much fun and now that he's been here for 5 months I can't even remember what I did with all my time before I became his mom.
Teeth: He doesn't have any yet but I know they are coming. He is drooling like crazy and he also loves chewing on my knuckles and his Sophie Giraffe.
Words: I know he doesn't know what he is saying but I still love the fact that when he babbles he goes "mamamamama". I think it secretly makes Dustin a little jealous because sometimes I hear him practicing with Boston saying "daaaaadaaaaa. Come on, say it."
Favorite Things: Right now he is loving his exersaucer. His favorite thing to do is spin the chickens which make noise. He also likes taking baths and air drying in the backyard. It is still so warm here so I always take him out there and give him a little baby massage after his baths. Such a spoiled boy. He also loves when daddy holds him up in the air and when he blows raspberries. Dustin always gets the biggest smiles.
Dislikes: Whenever we have to give him a bottle, he hates when we pull it out of his mouth to burp him. Sometimes my mom does it just to get him to make his adorable sad face. We call it "the bulldog". He also hates when Dustin sings sad songs. He will stick out his bottom lip and his eyes fill with tears. I know it's mean but it is so stinking cute!
- He is rolling over really good! He mainly just rolls back to belly but he has rolled belly to back a handful of times.
- He is starting to be able to balance himself while sitting. He can only do this for a few seconds but I am sure he will be sitting on his own soon. And honestly I think his big belly helps to support him a little too.
- He is drinking 7oz of breastmilk every 3 hours while I am at work. I am having a hard time keeping up with this hungry guy and I can't wait until next month when we can start solids. We have tried to do the paced feedings which doesn't seem to make a difference. He just likes to eat.
- He is getting really good at using his hands and grasping objects.
- He was never super interested in toys before but they are finally motivating him to do a few minutes of tummy time. We still are not doing the recommended hour a day but he seems to be doing exactly what he should be at this age.