This meal is one of Dustin's favorites and also one of mine because it is so simple. The guy loves any food that incorporates croissants and a creamy sauce/filling but ironically enough he is always "eating healthy" which makes him pretty hard to cook for. My mother in-law obviously knows his taste, having had cooked for him for all these years, and made a similar version of this one night. He loved it so much so I decided to change it up a little and try it out as a freezer meal. It worked out perfect!
1 cup fat free Sour Cream (or Greek Yogurt)
1 can reduced fat Cream of Chicken soup
1 cup of fat free shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups of shredded cooked chicken breasts (you can bake or boil the chicken)
1 16oz package of frozen mixed veggies
1 tube of reduced fat croissants
- Mix together Sour Cream, Soup, Chicken, Cheese and Veggies.
- Place mix into 2 8x8 foil casserole pans. (I split the mix into the smaller pans because there are only 2 of us to feed but if you have a larger family you can use a bigger foil dish. And the foil throw away pans make for less dishes later. Wohoo!)
- Roll croissants over the top.
- Cover with foil and freeze.
- The night before serving the meal, place it in the fidge to thaw. Bake at 375 degrees for 35min (or until the croissants are golden brown).
I hope y'all enjoy!