Weight: 21 lbs
Teeth: He has 5 teeth now! He has his bottom two and 3 up top. He ended up getting the 3 up top while we were on vacation which is kinda a bummer but he was such a trooper. We just made sure to keep him comfortable with some things to chew on and an occasional dose of Tylenol or Motrin.
Words: He says "mama" all the time and a few new words I am sure he has no clue he is saying is "wow" and "bye, bye". Dustin is still working like crazy on "dada" with no luck so far. Most of the time Boston will respond back with a huge smile and a "mama". And of course I eat it up.
He still loves the 7 month favorites I posted...
A few new favorites this month to add to the list...
- ERGObaby Baby Carrier - We have loved the Ergo ever since B was born but we have an even greater appreciation of it since our vacation last week. He is getting super heavy to carry around in your arms (and he doesn't like being in a stroller too long) so this came in handy. Not only does it make it easier to navigate busy places, it also frees up both of your hands, and it doesn't even feel like you are carrying around a 20+ lb baby all day! Boston will let us carry him around in this for hours and he takes great naps in it too. He has always loved being held close to me so this is a total must have.
- Zeta Zebra - New Little Wonders sent me one to have Boston try out and he loves it! He liked the Sophie pretty well but this one seems to really keep his attention. It is pretty similar to the Sophie but it is a little softer, black and white, and has a louder squeaker. He loves his squeaker toys so I am thinking this may be part of the reason he likes it better. And the contrasting colors may be more visually stimulating to him.
Dislikes: He has become so much more aware of being alone and hates it when you walk out of the room or stop giving him attention. It's pretty cute and frustrating all at the same time.
- He took is first cruise this month. And it was a blast!
- He is rocking back and forth on his hands and knees so I am thinking we may have a crawler soon.
- He is now strictly formula fed (not by choice) but he is doing very well with it. We use Enfamil Gentlease and we haven't had any issues with it. We did have to use Similac Sensitive when we were on vacation because we were running low and the place we were at didn't have Enfamil. He seemed to be more fussy with it and I noticed when we would shake the formula in the bottle it would make a ton of foam so I wonder if it was doing the same thing in his tummy.